Caraway Conference Center and Camps COVID Update
Last updated: June 15, 2021.
Caraway is committed to following national, state and local
health department’s protocol concerning control, and safety from the Covid viruses.
These are as follows:
1. Currently, there are no national, state or local mandated restrictions or requirements.
2. Anyone exhibiting Covid symptoms may not attend an event at Caraway Conference Center, Camp
Caraway or Camp Mundo Vista.
3. The following are suggestions are from the CDC for helping to protect yourself and others from the Covid virus:
a. Maintain 6’ between you and other individuals.
b. Do not interact with those who have Covid or have been exposed to Covid.
c. Make sure you are fully vaccinated.
Last updated: June 15, 2021.
Please read about our COVID response and program updates.
In addition to our normal cleanliness, Caraway commits to the following:
Our COVID Response:
- Caraway has added additional cleanings and sanitations to our already rigorous hospitality routine.
- We will sanitize before the arrival of a group at each activity. This will include recreation, group gatherings, and skills classes.
- We will honor our government’s guidelines on large group gatherings and will provide fun ways to be physically distant when mandated.
- We will modify the location of group gatherings by request if possible to assist in requested distancing.
- Face coverings are optional. Please use your discretion, you and your group's decisions will be fully supported.
- We are providing additional handwashing stations or hand sanitizer pumps for high traffic areas like the dining hall and recreation areas.
Additional COVID Questions:
- What about meals?
- We will continue to offer hardy meals to our guests.
- We will modify food service to meet logistical and safety needs.
- We will be encouraging the use of outdoor seating when weather permits.
- What about sleeping arrangements for overnight programs?
- Participants will practice "head to toe" sleeping arrangements so their breathing is not directly next to each other. Each person’s head must be physically distant from others heads.
- Are you in contact with your local health department?
- Yes, we have been talking with them about clarifications and will stay in touch as needed.
- What about recreation and swimming?
- Right now there are no mandates, but if these change we have appropriate solutions in place.
- At what point will Caraway send a participant home?
- If there is a fever of 100.4° F or more
- Continual coughing, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
- Vomiting and/or Diarrhea
- Has it been at least 5 days since you first had symptoms?
- Have you been without fever for 3 days (72 hours) without any medicine for fever?s.
Camps Guest Groups
If your group is renting Camp Caraway or Camp Mundo Vista or would like to rent these facilities for your own camp or program, please contact Britt Fleming for updates.
Conference Center Groups
For any Conference Center guest groups, please contact Jeff Kohns for updates.